Reliance Jio dropped a Bomb on Indian Telecom Industry with FREE unlimited Voice & Data
Amid a lot of hullabaloo, the chairman of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani introduced Jio, the company’s new and exciting 4G network at the Annual General Meeting of its shareholders. On the day of the announcement share prices of all the telecom operators in India fell by an average of 10% when the meeting was being addressed by Mukesh Ambani and as he went about introducing the features of Reliance Jio.
Glance of Reliance Jio Tariff
What’s the fuss about?
Reliance Jio is a big shot at reducing the internet costs in India. India lags far behind in terms of cost and penetration of Internet access and Reliance Jio aims to address these concerns. Cheap internet does not only mean entertainment at lower rates, it also helps propel the economic and educational sector as it leads to better access to good education, good healthcare etc. This is the digital age and not having access is simply living in an old and already defunct age.
To provide an idea of what Reliance Jio has in store for its users, here are some of the features that it brings along in its kitty:
- Reliance Jio brings to its users everything free – including voice calls, data usage and messaging – for an introductory period from 5th September to 31st December 2016
- It aims to be India’s largest 4G network and covers 18000 cities and towns along with more than 2 lakh villages. Mukesh Ambani plans to bring over 90 per cent of India’s population into the Reliance Jio family.
- Even after the introductory period, the voice calling is going to be free with charges to be applied only on data usage which start from Rs. 19 per day to Rs. 4999 per month.
- Reliance Jio has collaborated with about 20 mobile brands such as Samsung and Micromax to provide the SIM cards with free voice and data till December 2016.
- Reliance Jio will completely transform the mobile experience and will have several built in applications for the users. With 300 live channels, up to 6000 HD movies along with the free internet, users will now be able take their internet experience into another level.
How to get one?
All that is needed for a Reliance Jio connection is an Adhaar card and about 10 minutes time. Every Jio store is providing these SIMs free of cost and with immediate activation. Moreover, in the features, students can avail 25% more data at the same prices if they furnish valid ID proofs.
A revolution indeed!
In this big switch from oil to telecommunications, Mukesh Ambani has shaken up the whole telecom industry in India. Reliance jio is set to transform the telecom industry and competitors have begun slashing their own rates dramatically all the while trying to retain as many of their customers as possible. Also, there have been complaints from Reliance Jio that the competitor companies are deliberately trying to derail its efforts by not providing cooperation. For example in one of its claims, Reliance Jio has suggested that about 16 Million calls fail between Jio and AirTel.
However all these hiccups apart, Reliance Jio is truly a revolutionary step in India’s telecom history.