Google AdSense has now Introduced Page-level (Anchor/Overlay & Vignette) ads finally
Few days back, when i logged in to my Google AdSense. I just saw a message in my Google Adsence about new Page-level ads with title “Introducing Page-level ads” and the message was “Monetize your content with innovative new ad formats. Page-level ads are optimized to only appear when they’ll perform well for you, they provide a good user experience, and they’re easy to set up too.”
Let me tell you some details about this new feature here in this article which i came to know after clicking Test it out button in the message.
New Page-level ads
- New ad formats: anchor/overlay ads and vignettes
- Don’t count towards your 3 ads per page limit
- Only display on mobile-optimized sites
- Use the same ad code on all of your pages
- Designed by Google with users in mind
- Optimized to help increase revenue
New ad formats: anchor/overlay ads and vignettes
- Mobile ads that stick to the edge of the user’s screen.
- Users can easily dismiss them at any time
- Mobile full-screen ads that appear between page loads on your site
- Displayed on leaving a page, rather than on arrival
- Users can choose to skip them at any time
You should know one thing that these ads are only shown by AdSense at optimal times when they’ll perform well and provide a good user experience.
The good thing about these type of ads is that there is only one code for all Page-level ads that you need to include once in your website source code preferable in <head> tag.
It is recommended to place the ad code in the <head> tag (or at the top of the <body>) of your pages where you want to show Page-level ads. You only need to do this once per page.
You can turn on or off the ad formats that you’d like to use with out altering the ad codes.
Test Page-level ads with the preview tool
Google has also provided an option for previewing these ads on your website because AdSense only shows Page-level ads on your site at optimal times, you’ll need to use the preview tool to check that they’re working correctly. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the “Page-level ads” page to test your ads.
Once place your ad code in your website and turn on your ads it will look like this as shown below:-